"Happiness is the meaning and the purpose of life, the whole aim and end of human existence." -Aristotle

Saturday 9 June 2012

more randomness

Hello world, just thought I'd pop in with a few random thoughts for today :)

- I've started reading the Song of Ice and Fire series, by George R.R. Martin. I've resisted for awhile, thinking how long the books are and that they'd be slow-going at times and I'd be struggling through it, but I'm so into the tv show that I can't wait for season 3 to start next year to see what happens next. I'm nearly finished with the first book now, and I'm really enjoying it, I read pretty much every spare moment I get. It's just like watching the first series all over again. I'm really excited to catch up to the end of the second book, and then get on to the third which will be the start of the story that I don't know yet. By the time the next season of Game of Thrones starts, I'll already know the whole story :)

- I'm becoming addicted to avocados. Not on their own, just in sandwiches. Always nice to find something healthy that you love.

- After all that sunshine we had just a couple of weeks ago, it's pouring rain on us now. I want my sunshine and warm weather back :(

- I've actually got a Saturday off next week, that is if nothing changes on the schedule in the next week *knock on wood* and I'm really excited for that, not because I have any plans, but just because I'm so fed up with weekends and bank holidays meaning that I'm only having to work even harder and not get a break. It would be one thing if I had random weekend days off now and then. So this gives me hope :)

- Five weeks from now I start my 9-day holiday :) Guess we'd better sort out soon if we're going anywhere... all depends on money, really.

- And I'm playing Skyrim again. I actually made a new character, so I could go back and start the story again and try new things. And of course, going along with my Game of Thrones obsession, my new character is Daenerys Targaryen. Since she is the Dragonborn, and all. It's fun to be running around in the game again and seeing what random things happen :)

No comments:

Post a Comment