"Happiness is the meaning and the purpose of life, the whole aim and end of human existence." -Aristotle

Monday 23 July 2012

not quite the ending I was hoping for

So, here it is our last day off before we're back to work tomorrow, and it's just my luck that I seem to have caught a little summer cold. Thought it was a hayfever attack from sitting outside amongst all the flowers yesterday, when surely the pollen count must be up right now, but since it's continued on to this morning, along with a dodgy stomach, I think it must be a bit more than just allergies. So here it is, a beautiful sunny day, our last day of freedom, and I don't know how much enjoyment I'll get out of it, unless I suddenly start feeling better as the day goes on. I mean, I'm glad I'm not working today while I'm feeling like this, but still, it feels like such a waste of a day. Stupid cold.

I'm just sad to see our holiday time come to an end. A week ago this time I was sat drinking my coffee and reading in front of a lovely sea view. Time always goes so fast when you're having fun. And last summer I had all that time up until the end of July, where my time was my own so I always had time with Adam. Now we don't have many days off together, and we haven't had nearly as much sunshine this year as we did last. I wish it was just easier for us to have days out together. I wish I felt better today so I could enjoy this one.

*sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment