"Happiness is the meaning and the purpose of life, the whole aim and end of human existence." -Aristotle

Wednesday 26 September 2012

catching up

Well, it's been a long time. In some ways, it feels like not much has happened in the past two months, and in other ways a lot has happened. I guess I just either never got around to writing about it, or just wasn't feeling like talking. A bit of both, I suppose.

My mom's health has taken a turn for the worse over the summer, and that's been scary and upsetting, a big reason why I've been a bit quiet. Right now she's doing well though, and all we can hope is that the dr's keep her that way for as long as possible.

As for me, work's the same, outside of work is much the same, but I'm working on changing my eating habits, just to be healthier and feel better. It's been surprisingly easy to stick to. I'm not saying that I'm not eating any more sweets or junk food, but having those in moderation when I really want them, and otherwise focusing on the healthy foods and snacks that I like is my new goal. I can already see a difference in how I feel, and although I've hardly lost weight yet, I feel like I look a little thinner, and my clothes seem to be fitting a bit looser. Today I'm even taking a huge step and trying out a ladies gym that's right down the street. I think it'll be convenient and easy enough to stick to a goal of going at least three times a week. So we'll see how that goes.

The weather is definitely very Autumn-like now, chillier and raining often. I have to say, I miss all of my favorite things from this season that I was used to in America... pumpkin-flavored goodies (although rumor has it that Starbucks is making pumpkin lattes in the UK now, so I'll have to check that out) the leaves changing, especially around the Brandywine Creek State Park, apple cider, American football (although we do get a few games here on Sky each week) and especially Thanksgiving. Summer has always been my favorite time of year, but this really reminds me how each season always has something special about it.

One thing to get excited about, starting a week from this Saturday I have a 9-day holiday from work, and Adam and I are off to Dublin the following Monday for three days :) it's been over six years now since we've been, since the beginning of our relationship, and I'm looking forward to revisiting it and seeing if it's like I remember :) should be fun times!

No comments:

Post a Comment