"Happiness is the meaning and the purpose of life, the whole aim and end of human existence." -Aristotle

Saturday 30 July 2011

First day yesterday

So yesterday was my first full shift at work, and I think it went well, I was happy enough to be there and keeping busy, even spending much of the day clearing tables and washing dishes was ok with me. It's just good to have a job to go to that's a pleasant enough environment, and it's one more thing that makes me feel more like I'm really living here now. The people there are nice enough, although I think it'll take some time to break the ice a bit, so to speak. I'm not always good with getting to know new people, and I still feel a bit out of my element sometimes, being in a new country. And since I tend to be introverted anyways, sometimes people don't understand why I'm quiet, I guess. But I felt a lot less nervous yesterday than I did on my "trial" day earlier in the week. I've spent some time at the counter, sort of expediting for whoever is on the till, and had about five minutes learning to pull shots on the espresso machine, which is a lot different to the one we had at Brew-Haha. It was just too busy at that point for me to start learning though, and I think that will be the challenge, finding time when it's not too busy for me to try it out and get used to it. But I'm sure it'll work out and sooner or later it'll be second nature to me. For now I have off until Thursday, as I think the schedule had already been done when I was added to it and there weren't many open spots for me to be added on, but the following week I'm on for four days, and after that five days a week for the rest of August. So I suppose I should enjoy my free time while I have it, LOL, and anyways, it'll give me time hopefully to see the dr. in the beginning of next week, I need to give them a call Monday morning and get in ASAP. My symptoms haven't been bothering me in the past day, I suppose since yesterday I was too busy at work to be stressed by anything else, and when I can relax and not stress then these symptoms really do become no more than a dull roar here and there. But I know better than to think it's gone just because I'm feeling better for now, if I ignore it now it'll just come back again next time I get stressed about something. Best to deal with it now before it happens again.

Anyways, here it is Saturday morning, Adam's at work today so it's just a quiet day to myself. I think there's supposed to be a street festival going on outside today, so I might wander outside later if the weather brightens up a bit. No plans this weekend, but some downtime will be nice enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment