"Happiness is the meaning and the purpose of life, the whole aim and end of human existence." -Aristotle

Thursday 28 July 2011

pains again

So the pains around my left rib cage and side have been back again since last week. This has been an ongoing thing for months now, where it starts up and causes me to worry about what's going on, while it seems that worrying like that only exacerbates the symptoms. Then it goes away for a bit, but always comes back again at some point, usually at times when I'm stressed or nervous or upset about something, and tends to also be linked to stomach issues (either IBS-type symptoms, or a burning-acidy feeling) and I've been wondering why all this time, these things seem to be related, when the dr. thought that the pains were related to a muscular inflammation. So I Googled my symptoms today, and a lot of people who are describing the same symptoms that I have are saying that their problems have been either stomach or gallbladder-related, as part of your stomach is located in that area under the breast and around the rib cage where I've been feeling the pain. I wonder if this has been the answer all along. Not that I want it to be a serious stomach issue, I just want to know once and for all what's going on and how to feel better, especially if it's something that will only get worse if it goes untreated too long. I think now it's time to go back to the dr. and make them do something else besides telling me to take OTC medications. Obviously even when those help to ease the symptoms, it's not making it go away completely. I just have to see now when I'm not working next week and can make an appt. for. I really hope I'm going to have an answer soon. It would take a lot of worry off of my mind, and I think that in itself would help to make me feel a bit better too.

Not much else going on besides my dodgy pains. Just a quiet day at home today, cleaning a bit, doing laundry and stuff, and then probably just reading for much of the afternoon. I'm currently re-reading Outlander by Diana Gabaldon, a favorite of mine that I like to revisit sometimes. It's a really great time-travel/historical/adventure/love story, that my mom recommended to me and I was skeptical about it first, but I ended up falling in love with the characters. I absolutely love to read, and any characters that I can get really emotionally tied to will be a story that I'll become quite passionate about. Tonight I'll probably watch more of Heroes Season 1 with Adam. We've just started watching it this week, and so far it's pretty interesting. Tomorrow's my first full shift at work, so hopefully that'll go well. Then I think it'll just be a quiet weekend, but we'll see I guess. Onwards and upwards, one day at a time.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry you're in pain :( Sending you lots of love today, friend.

    I am putting that book on my library list. I've been wanting to read it for a while now. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete