"Happiness is the meaning and the purpose of life, the whole aim and end of human existence." -Aristotle

Thursday 22 December 2011

one year

It was one year ago today that I had packed all of my worldly possessions into five wheelie bags and was getting ready to get on a plane that night to make my move to the UK. It's amazing how fast this year has gone, so many big events and so much downtime packed into what feels like just a few months. It's been a year now since I've set foot in the USA, and sure, I miss it sometimes. But this morning, sitting here with the Christmas lights on, Christmas music playing and Adam singing along to make me laugh as he gets ready for work, I feel so cozy and content, so at home, like I've always been here. I've done exactly what I wanted to do for all those years... got my visa, got married, found a job here, settled into my new life. I love my flat, I love my town, I love my extended family here. I'm exactly where I'm supposed to be :)

No comments:

Post a Comment