"Happiness is the meaning and the purpose of life, the whole aim and end of human existence." -Aristotle

Monday 16 April 2012

Trip Down Memory Lane

So the other night, Adam and I went looking through old photos, all the ones I had brought with me when I moved, which were mostly from our trips, and a few from when I was growing up. Then he got out his old journal that he'd started right before we first met, and of course I wanted to read it, haha :) he let me see a little of it, bits from when I'd first come over and after I'd gone home. Mostly about how happy he was, and then about how much he missed me and loves me. Made me feel so good :) and it's had me remembering those times, how I was going through all the same feelings, hoping it would all work out. It just makes me even more grateful that we're here today. I think we'd met at just the right time in our lives. I feel like if I'd been younger and still going through all the personal changes and self-discovery that I had to get though first, I'd have messed things up too much. I certainly wouldn't say that I'm perfect now, but I know myself in a way that I never did ten years ago. And it's good to know myself :) and now here I am, here we are, with our first anniversary coming up next week. Funny how that really feels "grown up" to me, being able to say that we've been married a year :) Wow...

So, I have permission to read the rest of the journal now. I don't know if I want to read all of it, but I guess I'm curious enough that I'll read at least parts of it. I know that there were times back then when it wasn't easy, some times were tough and confusing, and it may be sad to think of that part of it again. But it was a long time ago, and look at how much things have changed. And it's still nice to remember the happy times and how things all started :) either way, it's always there now to look back on :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment