"Happiness is the meaning and the purpose of life, the whole aim and end of human existence." -Aristotle

Sunday 29 April 2012

London adventures

Well, two days went as fast as I knew they would, but we managed to pack a few adventures into our brief stay. A few highlights before I start posting photos and whining about going back to work tomorrow:

-Stopping at Bagel Nash at the train station before we were on our way. New Yorker bagels are guaranteed to start my day in a super-fantastic mood :)

-Random wander through Piccadilly Circus and Covent Garden, and the rain let up for us during that time :)

-A margarita that far exceeded my expectations, and made me wonder why I ever stopped drinking tequila for so long, haha :)

- Finally going in the Tower of London. There's so much history there, and seeing a place that's nearly 1000 years old and the settings of some of the historical fiction stories I've read was totally fascinating.

- Cheese popcorn. I know that sounds like such a small thing, but I can never find cheese popcorn here, and I didn't realize how much I missed it.

- Going on another random wander around the city, and ending up at the Borough street market in Southwark. I just adore street markets. And baklava, which I also hadn't had in ages, and had to buy some from a market vendor.

- Time spent with Adam. Which is the reason why I'm going to post my photos now and then get off the computer.

Ok now for the best part: photos :)














No comments:

Post a Comment