"Happiness is the meaning and the purpose of life, the whole aim and end of human existence." -Aristotle

Thursday 16 February 2012

new things

My new discovery this week has been the website called Pinterest. What it is, is when you sign up, you install a "pin it" button onto your browser, which lets you pin any photos you find online onto your pinterest boards, to share pictures of things you like with other friends or people with similar interests. And of course, I have millions of things I like, so I could really spend all day online posting pins, hehe :) it's so much fun! Not that I needed another website to become addicted to, but I just couldn't resist it anymore ;)

Well, I've been back to work this past week after my time off. Some people are leaving, so I guess that will mean some new people will be joining us soon, maybe. Hopefully things will take a more positive turn.

Other things that have taken my free time have been updating the music on my Windows Media Player, and putting some songs on my phone to listen to. I'd prefer to have an MP3 player so that I'm not draining my phone's battery and spare memory too much more, but my birthday is next week so you never know. I've also started watching the first season of Lost Girl on the SyFy channel with Adam. I thought it was a bit cheesy at first, but it's growing on me, and I've started looking forward to watching an episode or two on most evenings before bed. Other than that, it's been a bit of the usual... reading, playing Skyrim, keeping up with our laundry pile, which I'm convinced is refilling itself automatically every time I've finished putting a washing on. Which reminds me, I'd better go put a washing on pretty soon...

I'll close this with some words of wisdom from Mr. Albert Einstein:  “Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.” In other words, we all have things that we're good at, but if you judge someone by the things they aren't good at, you're overlooking the best of that person. Be good to each other, and remember that we're all human, and deserve kindness.

No comments:

Post a Comment