"Happiness is the meaning and the purpose of life, the whole aim and end of human existence." -Aristotle

Monday 27 February 2012

rainy day ramblings

Well, aside from my birthday, I suppose there hasn't been much of anything new going on... still working, and enjoying free time when I have it, although my days off always seem to go by too fast, without enough time to do everything that I'd like. Really, I don't know how some people can get bored when they have a weekend or time off from work. I could always find about 101 things I enjoy doing at any time, and happily pass the day while doing them.

Anyways, my birthday was good. Adam got me a new mp3 player I'd been wanting, and the family came round, got a nice bit of birthday money from everyone, and then a fondue pot and chocolates from Simon and Lisa when we all went out on Saturday night. Had a bit too much wine though I think, since I had a headache all day yesterday, but it was a good night out. Friday I went shopping and found a new top and a really great pair of shoes. It's not often I find a pair of shoes that are comfy enough, look awesome, and even come in a half-size, so that in itself made it a successful shopping trip. I still have more birthday money I can spend, but I think that'll wait for a day when it's not raining and I feel like being out and about. With my luck, there doesn't seem to be many days like that coinciding with my days off from work, but we'll see, I'm sure it'll happen sooner or later. And if not, it's more spending money for when we go to London in April, which I'm really looking forward to.

Well, I think I'm going to go spend the rest of this rainy afternoon curled up with my Kindle, and then soaking in a hot bath, and nibbling on some of my chocolates that I still have from Valentines Day and my birthday. Definitely a good day to be able to stay indoors, and plenty here to keep me occupied for the rest of the day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment