"Happiness is the meaning and the purpose of life, the whole aim and end of human existence." -Aristotle

Saturday 15 October 2011

already?!

I'm starting to see little signs of Christmas already... a Christmas advert was on telly the other night, and I've seen Christmas cards and a few decorations in shops on my street. I suppose it's partly that Halloween isn't a big deal here, and there's no Thanksgiving, so when this time of year rolls around, they jump right to Christmas. But wow, how did it get to be nearing Christmas time already?? This year has really flown by.

The weather is starting to get quite chilly too, which is a bit of a shock after the beautiful weather we just had so recently. Last night we went out to a pub for a meal, and I was freezing in my light jacket. Think its going to be about time to get the winter coat out...

I wish we'd had some nicer weather over the summer, so at least I could feel like we'd had a proper summer and could move on to cold weather now... there are really a lot of things I look forward to at this time of year... the holidays (I'm still planning to celebrate Thanksgiving!) and the "festiveness" in the air, hot drinks, warm clothes, snuggling on cold nights :) maybe we'll even see some snow this winter, that's always kind of fun. There's always something special about each season. But if Autumn could go just a bit easier on us... one thing I'm not looking forward to is standing outside waiting for the bus in the cold, so if we could sort of break that bit in gradually you know...

In the meantime, here's a video that's good for some summer memories. This is the current song I can't get out of my head. Reminds me of summertime and being young and making happy memories :)

No comments:

Post a Comment