"Happiness is the meaning and the purpose of life, the whole aim and end of human existence." -Aristotle

Tuesday 1 November 2011

time sure flies

How did it get to be November already? Here we are approaching the end of the year, my first year living in the UK. I don't think it feels like it's really been almost a full year yet, but I guess the calendar doesn't lie. Halloween passed yesterday and I barely noticed. By the end of this week, Christmas season will be starting to get underway, especially working in a busy shopping center I'll be seeing Christmas decorations and hearing Christmas music all the time now very soon. I do love this time of year, but I suppose it feels a bit too soon. Thanksgiving will be in a few weeks, and of course I'll be one of the very few people here who will even care. I'm carrying on the tradition of Thanksgiving over here still though, by starting to make new traditions this year, and convincing Adam to humor me and play along, LOL, but I suppose it'll feel like something's missing, with it being just a normal day here while for me it's always been one of my favorite days of the year. I suppose this is a time I'll really be missing the States more.

Anyways, right now I'm having the second of one of my days off while our space at work is being redesigned. If all goes according to plan, we'll come in tomorrow to a nice newly designed cafe and will be ready to open around noontime, but I guess we'll see how it all works out when I go in tomorrow, at this time. For now things are pretty quiet, I'm just setting up our new pc which just arrived this morning, much to Adam's frustration I think since if it had come yesterday instead he'd have had all day to play with it, instead of being stuck at work today while I'm taking over his new toy, haha :) other than that, nothing new and exciting really, work's going to start getting busier and taking up more of my time, especially since the new Christmas hours are starting this week and we'll be open later. Saturday is Bonfire Night, my first one ever so I'm hoping Adam's going to take me out to see some bonfires and fireworks. And Pottsy and Laura's wedding is in a few weeks, I just bought a new dress and looking forward to a fun day with everyone.

And wow, I guess now we can really say that Christmas is next month! It still feels like it's still a little ways away, but when you put it like that I suppose it feels like it's starting to get a little closer as well. And the way time has been flying, I think it really is gonna sneak up on us fast. Hopefully some fun times are around the corner then :)

No comments:

Post a Comment