"Happiness is the meaning and the purpose of life, the whole aim and end of human existence." -Aristotle

Saturday 13 August 2011

exhausted and feeling lazy


So, this has really felt like a long week, I suppose it's because this is the first week I'm working full-time, and it's been quite awhile since that's been the case, so it takes getting used to. My feet still hurt by the end of the day, even with the new insoles in my shoes. Time goes by fast there though since it's so busy, and that does help. I'm still not sure if some of the employees still think I'm doing well or going a bit too slow for them. Hopefully it won't take too long for me not to feel like the new person anymore. And then I was supposed to get paid for the first time yesterday, but payroll still hadn't connected to my bank account in time to deposit my wages, so I won't get paid until next week now. It would've helped to make me feel more motivated, having money in my bank account again. I guess I'm a bit grumpier today since it's the first weekend I'm working, and I've also heard that weekends are the busiest time. And I think it's ironic that when I wasn't working, weekends didn't mean much to me since they were just another two days I wasn't working just like any other day in the week, but now they still don't mean anything since they're just another two days in the week that I am working, just like any other day in the week.

So, I just have to get through this afternoon/evening, and tomorrow and Monday during the day, and then I'll have two days off, and an easier week next week overall. Since their week runs Fri- Thurs here, if you look at the week in the "normal" way of Mon.-Sun, it means sometimes I'm working 6 days in a week, and sometimes only 3 or 4, while still always doing 5 days a week if you look at it Fri.-Thurs. I'm sure I'll get used to it once I've been at this for a few more weeks or so. For now I would just love a chance to rest a bit and have some time to myself. Hopefully the next few days will go by fast. 

Well, here's an ironic song that was just playing on last.fm... it's called Feeling Lazy, by the Lightning Seeds. I sure can relate, LOL :)






No comments:

Post a Comment