"Happiness is the meaning and the purpose of life, the whole aim and end of human existence." -Aristotle

Wednesday 3 August 2011

Remember Me

What a beautiful morning it's been here today. The weather report last night called for mostly rain around our area today, but I guess sometimes Mother Nature still throws some surprises our way, and sometimes they're actually pleasant surprises. As long as it stays like this, I might have to take advantage of the sunshine and my last day off today before I'm back at work tomorrow morning, and go sit outside and read later.

Just spent the last couple hours watching the film Remember Me. I saw it last year and loved it, and since I saw it was on Sky yesterday, I thought I'd record it and see if I like it as much the second time around. It really is a good film, maybe in a way it's just another young adult romantic drama full of cliches, but I love how it's done, I love the characters and the messages in it, like how life is short so you should eat dessert first. Or how the little things you do in life matter, because if you don't do them who else will, and because you matter to the people who love you, and they'll remember if a time comes when you're gone and they're still here.

So, I guess I'll be spending most of the afternoon with a book, as usual in my lazy day routine. Won't have as much time to read now that I'll be working a lot more, but I'm sure I'll manage to still find at least a little time each day to get lost in a story, I always did before. I'm sure the new routine will get easier as I go along. And having something to do outside of the house certainly isn't a bad thing.

Today I'm glad for sunshine, inspiring films, LOLcat pictures and captions that make me giggle, good music, my family back in the States, memories of times past, books to lose myself in, Sky tv will all the new channels to explore, time spent with Adam, for never being more than about 70 miles at most from the sea no matter where I am in this country, and for my job that I'll be getting up and going to in the morning.


Whatever you do may seem insignificant to you, but it is most important that you do it. - Gandhi 

No comments:

Post a Comment