"Happiness is the meaning and the purpose of life, the whole aim and end of human existence." -Aristotle

Thursday 29 September 2011

the happiest guy on the island

So here I am, back at home after three wonderful days at the seaside. And we did indeed get that Indian summer that was promised, which made for absolutely perfect weather. When we first arrived, it rained lightly for a bit, but after we stopped in a coffee shop for a bit, it had stopped by the time we went back outside, and by the time we made our way down to the sea the sun was coming out. I even kicked off my shoes and went for a paddle, which we called my Karl Pilkington challenge for the day, haha (if you don't know who Karl Pilkington is, go watch An Idiot Abroad, it's a great show)

So, I have lots to tell about it, and even more pictures to share. I won't get it all in one post, so I'm going to split them into different posts. This here was how it began, in the late afternoon on that first day. It just felt so good to be by the sea, enjoying the sunshine and the scenery and the sounds and smells of the seaside. I couldn't have been happier being anywhere else in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment