"Happiness is the meaning and the purpose of life, the whole aim and end of human existence." -Aristotle

Thursday 29 September 2011

watching the world wake up

I think the biggest highlight of the last few days was my greatest triumph as an amateur photographer. One of my favorite things to photograph is the sky, cloud formations and the different colors as the sun goes down. But I've never gotten a sunrise, and now having the opportunity to get a perfect view of a sunrise over the sea, even the idea of getting up at 6am to do this didn't put me off. So on the second morning when I woke up and checked the time, and seeing that it was 6am, I made myself get up and go seize the opportunity. As soon as I got outside I knew it was totally worth it. The sky was an inky blue, and just starting to show some pink spots. So I just stood out for the next hour, watching the sky turn colors and taking photos as the sun came up. One of the most amazing experiences ever. But you don't want to hear me talk about it, you want to see the photos, of course. I shot about a couple hundred I think, so obviously I can't post them all here, but these are a handful of the best ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment